Friday, October 1, 2010

Why Doe My Heart Ache

years ... We are all missing

What follows is a piece recovered from Facebook, where I wrote last January, when my birthday. I came back to the days scorsai , as I faced the same argument of the piece with a friend (useless speech, everyone was on her, alas, how to lose 20 more minutes to no avail). But the party is sull'imprinting damn true, I tried it on my skin ...

How many good things can happen, being born in the cold January of 1964?

Now, after a certain number of years, I try to look back.
When the man arrives on the moon in 1969, five years and I'm too young to remember anything. Or having seen the film 2001 A Space Odyssey. Too bad ...
But I have 8 years in 1972, when I find the cartoons Messenger boys, and I'll have 12 in 1976, when degenerate into something grammatically unreadable ( Corrier Boy, ARGH). A good imprint on a young mind has its own importance? Today, in hindsight I would say yes.

I have 10 years in 1974, when I find the classic Walt Disney on the newsstands, with the first volume of reprints Paperinik, which includes investment half of the precious gift from my sister Ornella (1000 pounds) . Same age as when my father and my brother gives me a "surprise bag" of those who were in the news-stands, formed by various publishers yields sold off for cheap. In ours we'll find a comic book Buck Danny of Charlier - Hubinon . Only years later plugged it into the name of one of the authors with that of the gentleman who wrote in the Corriere Blueberry small ... one of the many newspaper comics that were in all newsagents. Yes, it seems very good imprint for infants and children.

And find the magazine Orient Express to 20 years, where I devoured the first two years Metal Hurlant . And 24 years to take the first issue of the Fantastic 4 Star Comics when Italy Marvel / Panini did not yet exist. Read the first Urania to 18 years, and the trilogy Isaac Asimov shortly thereafter. Starting to get interested reading, and not stopping but more.

At 13 I can see the Star Wars movies. Need I say more? A 17 see Raiders of the Lost and Heavy Metal . 18 And when I see Blade Runner (and the world will never be the same) and ET (and barely found a seat in the cinema). And when my city will be only one film, as the Teatro Verdi remained closed for restoration in those conditions for years failed to Ulysses from Ithaca, I can still see all the unmissable film of science fiction series B of the '80s. To know StarTrek when it was still called "Destination Cosmos", in 16 years. A good imprinting adolescent, I guess.

And what about TV? UFO to 8 years in the TV boys, to 17 on Saturday, after a 'test pattern that endless characterized the lack of programming , at a time when some television executive had definitely ruled "Why but do you want to watch TV in the afternoon, we're serious, "and then the end of the newscast of 13.30 to 17 had the afternoon free to count on your thumbs and do nothing (to count the toes, for example). So in times like The Orion spaceship a year later, Space 1999 and 12 years Doctor Who with Tom Baker , and then Grendizer to 14 Gundam ( My friends are Peter Rei, commander of the robot ... ) shortly thereafter, and Conan and Lupin III and Grand the Prix champion . And yet to see Nausicaa Valley Wind a Christmas of that time there, even when I had to learn who he was Miyazaki. When those times had not yet caught on fitness programs, gossip and large number of brothers. And then Fury , Happy Days , Zorro , A man in the house , George and Mildred , Hawaii 5.0 and Mission Impossible , Inspector Derrick and Lieutenant Colombo . And then
and endless TV private ... TV commercial when the definition did not exist. I'll have 17 when Channel 5 will, and already the temperature was increased from the TV a bit '. Except for a nap ... nothing Smurfs and Criss Angel, I was already over. But I witness to the years of lead and do the second media (Latin required , porcum canem ).

I am proud to have seen Niki Lauda won with Ferrari at the age of 11 and 13 years, infinitely grateful for having followed the whole dish Gilles Villeneuve at the right time. Or having visited Italy to Panatta - Barazzutti - Bertolucci - Zugarelli win the Davis Cup Pinochet's Chile deserted by the great tennis. When, to be clear, I did not understand one iota of the rules of tennis.
And Paolo Rossi and Spain's world of 18 years. And before Peter and Marcello Fiasconaro Mennea .

Without the military 20 years and have seen Dune and Ghostbuster in cinemas Pordenone, have lent the book to the guards smontanti and then discuss in front of a pizza "But the book is best the film ..." and have divided the number of Mickey Mouse with the first part of " Uncle Scrooge and adventure in Formula 1 (Pezzin and of Cavazzano) with all the barracks, and find that a number of Mickey Mouse (that time, eh?) could be read by 200 people and return to hand untouched, while a number of horn or Jacula lost in pages and cover a few hours ... And watch the tragedy on the stage of ' Eisel small television in the switchboard, filled with people were stunned by what he saw. And the snow of the century, and nights with no moon and no lights in the empty streets of the barracks. And having experienced for the first time in my life, the absolute silence around me ... in total darkness.

And there would be told things. Of Music, the first 33 laps of Vinyl ( Glass Houses of Billy Joel ) got 18 years, or last (007 Licence to Kill of Michael Kamen ) at 25, one week before the Standa empty the vinyl section in favor of the CD. Be passed through countless tools HiFi : the recorder Jealous of his grandfather to record the initials of the series, from 14 years onwards. At the first and only Walkman to 26. And then the 'Ipod tarot to 44 (with quick-charging battery that sis, but then was tarot, I know ...). Having seen the VHS boom when not distinguish it from the Video and the 2000 Betamax , waiting to see which of them would have survived .
And having heard of the Laser Disc, and then rapidly (too fast) evolution of the DVD, Blue Ray el ' HD.
And the cousin who was taking the new summer revolutionary thing called a computer, the ZX Spectrum , with programs for audio cassettes (20 minutes to load Space Invader, and it seemed to me very fast ...). And the first PC (brother) to 28 years. 386, then 486, then Pentium, and Pentium 2. And the games polygons, those slow, slow. And the first site visited (and who remembers?) With the connection at 56 k. When you download a small picture called for endless minutes . Before wikipedia and Youtube, when I used Altavista and you seemed to find everything. Before
facebook and mobile phones, and when you wanted someone calling on the phone. And if there was no patience ... would call another day. After all that fast went? And you had to remind you birthdays.

And when you start to see the girls differently. When she gives you her phone number and you have to talk with her, and ask you the pass, and hope we have made a good impression.

And now? The years continue to pass the pepper in his hair to grow, the technology evolve, the TV to degenerate, the comic book to sell less, and the friends they settle, their children growing up, and you that while you look in the mirror every morning you ask yourself how did he go so fast all that time. "I'll have 36 years in 2000, you should get there before!" you said laughing, long time ago.
and think about that girl a few weeks ago I asked you how old you were curious. I see you smiling to answer a quiz for her unsurpassed . "Do a little 'accounts: I saw Star Wars at the cinema ..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment