Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Itch Like Crazy After A Brazilian Wax

semi-serious chronicle of a time trial

In rummaging through old files, perhaps in search of a lost spirit cycling, I found an article I wrote for a indedito "number zero" a publication of the information Bianconero: I reread it, I enjoyed myself, I have reviewed.
But if at first glance may seem a joyful and pure tale of fantasy, in reality, I assure you that this is a faithful representation of our Sunday aboard the "beloved" bike. Happy reading!

C steep that morning was a pretty cold in the valley that divides the country from rising damp and still asleep. A wet dog but probably bored rubs on my legs (without hair, of course!) To research, perhaps, or a comfortable place to raise my leg or to express his sympathy at seeing me there at that hour in the middle campaign, fashionable dress cycle. But what is the subject of this preface? Simple ... try to tell an uphill time trial. And for the reader, who does not live the atmosphere of cycling - and thresh after the race-of-law is an explanation: to animate a gang of bikers bored, after almost a year spent cycling between Lugo and Fontanelice to someone is "barlucata" the idea of \u200b\u200borganizing a race society, and indeed an uphill time trial - Piò difezila- be played in Torre del Marino (province of Villa Vezzano). And up to this point all OK and good inventor, but in contrast, we would like another day in the Senate who apostrophize pedal Juventus (under-the-Pavaglione), which is undoubtedly disturbed by burning and hemorrhoidal resulting from sleepless nights, he sports initiative added a mathematical calculation to determine the final rankings obtained by subtracting the total time a second for each kilogram of weight of the rider and another for every year of age, as " it is not right, uphill that I weigh 90 kg .... and me that AIO dis ann Pio you ... .. but I just lavuri and de tot invezi tea and a tan fe ... "in short, an eternal dilemma!.
Well, returning to the fateful Sunday, the organizing team was ready for the implementation of the project: woke up at 4:30 for the femme Anna and her kitchen - Tott on women and the Pio 21 ander - to set up a restaurant in his own way (and that way!) and president with the van load of each need for setting up a field base, a military canteen, a country fair, forgetting that would be only one place of arrival and refreshment dehydrated (Score: exaggeration!).
adrenaline through the roof - So we are ready!
But I'm still here ... waiting ... have not arrived yet! I'm not alone: \u200b\u200bat the start Doriano helps me to weigh all the phases of the start with a small budget (and my wife, we usually in the bathroom) and a time clock while on the top of the climb of the Tower Marino's, and that is the final goal, the Gigi and the Pina you fall in the part of Judges of arrival. And all of a sudden here they are ... . I do not know how to call them, members, participants, shabby, jam ... I see them a ride with power and force - the is the stuff to those who - the descent from Villa Vezzano: certainly did not expect so many, even because on the eve of public statements on participation were vague - but if he doubles Cucal um pega gives - even those accompanied by supporters of other companies, but now, and only now, I knew it was a memorable day (those you are talking about in the winter in the Bar repeating, like a movie!).
Painting the departure would be a work like the Last Supper for the intensity of the characters and their exploits but also try to brush words for those who had not been present, in order to describe the struggling Alfredino with hyperventilation, and Cecco that holds the seat from the start just like in track events (that stuff !!!), Bob that part only if someone's arrival ensures that you eat, the Gallo quivers on the line Starting as a bull in the arena (the faza su stantazequen ) Massignani mumbles and you put your mind at rest as alphabetically by last runner, and then those that seek to victory intent to warm up the legs with repeated short, worthy of true athletes, so me and finally to spike to me that the tactics moj CLA since fe ( and can double the fat and to Cuntrera ). To complete the picture it is essential to point out the reasons that almost all participants expressed about their possible poor performance due to various reasons ranging from: - an toc bizicletta from the dismantled do - I have not slept a wink, the stanot babeina the Zighi , I have a contraction and also even the fairer sex is dis that "the incubation of those dè ou difezil" Fairy stuff. Tott FELS Cume the utou .
They left all the rhythmic pace of one every minute. After about an hour the left is the ultum , then a toi I know the car and ran in tla summit, I want to see what they did Cafeteria and the year, there are charts to fill in, refreshments The awards, cups and medals, friends ... and then down with the accelerator.
And when, after the restaurant, I approach, your car and look towards the Tower, where a beautiful lawn, where under a gazebo in green stripes, had been set up plenty of tasty refreshments, drawing around all the people black and white, I finally relax and rejoice in understanding that our goal was centered:
everything with a smile.
What beastly Sunday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment